Monday, March 10, 2008

A little motivation...rolling over!!!

For the last several weeks Isabel's been toying with rolling over, but she has always preferred to be on her back so didn't have much motivation. I tried putting toys out of her reach, but she still just wouldn't go the whole way....until I found the perfect motivation...a water bottle!!! Isabel loves playing with them. If she sees me drinking one she just wants to hold and play with it and put it in her mouth. So I decided to put one just out of her reach and sure enough she went for it. Here is some proud mommy video of her rolling over. This wasn't the actual first time she did it because I was too awestruck to video tape anything and then Cydney said, Candace go videotape her...so I got her doing it again. Here's my big girl!

5 comments:

the Pie family said...

she was like, "whoa! what just happened?!" Way to go Isabel!! jacob is SO proud. :)

Rachael Neal said...

that's great! i found out the hard way that annelise can roll over. i had to take her to work with me last week. i put her under my desk on the floor to sleep. i thought "i'll put her on her belly and she won't go anywhere." i left the room for 2 minutes and when i came back, she had rolled to the back of the desk. that little stinker! just to be sure that's what happened, i did it again and watched her. sure enough, she arched her back and over she went!

Kentucky Kate said...

Oh my gosh, that's the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Janelle S said...

Congratulations Isabel!
Let the moving begin!

Beth said...

Yeah! Now the fun begins! Tyler's been rolling over (belly to back but not the other way) for a few weeks, and it's definitely changed things a little. No more putting him down and having him in the same spot when you get back. One step closer to having to child-proof the entire house!