Friday, April 18, 2008

2 years

I was just thinking about our house this morning and realized...wow, it's been two years this month that we bought (loaned from the bank) our house.:) I really do love our house. Despite a few things I would change, a bigger living room, a bigger bathroom (there is this bathtub in this tile store by Pier 1 in Florence that is my dream tub...I tell Lee every time we drive by it):) Anyway, just reflecting back. These last two years seem to have flown by. I was also thinking about the various pieces of furniture in our house and how they are pretty eclectic, but seem to work together. For example, like the furniture in the office (where I am now)...our desk is from a garage sale Lee's aunt and uncle had (which they brought back from South America), our file cabinet is from my college that the office I worked in was going to throw away, our side chair is from Matt Neal's parents curb, which we picked up and refurbished when they were moving, our side table is from Good Will (we mostly made it out of old books), our bookshelve is from friends in MI. Although I dream about having custom made furniture like Melissa Talbert (Ben does such a great job), I'm so thankful for what the Lord has provided us with. It will never be an Extreme Home Maker house or anything close, but it's "us" and we're happy.

3 comments:

the Pie family said...

and don't forget the TV stand that jacob peeled the paint off of!

The Talberts said...

I was about to chime in with ... "Oh I totally know what you mean. Our couch was a donation from the Roe's and all I can think of when I sit on it is, 'I wonder how many litters of puppies were born right where I'm sitting.'" ...
until I got to my name and realized that I do have it pretty good!
Thanks for the compliment on Ben's woodworking. He is certainly handy to have around. ;)

I like your house a lot. The only time I have been there was right after you had Isabel and I couldn't believe how perfect your yard looked! There were actually beautiful flowers all over the place. Pretty good for having just given birth!

Rachael Neal said...

i love your house too! its such a cozy place - and you're right - its very YOU! i've been learning lately that i need to be content with what God has given me. our house might not be perfect, but its shelter and its cozy. i don't want my child to grow up in a house - i want her to love her HOME. :) just my few cents...