Saturday, April 26, 2008

Eczema

Went to the Dr. last Friday with Isabel because of a rash she's had for the last two weeks on her tummy. Turns out the Dr. is 99% sure it's eczema. He thinks it started out as a virus and turned into eczema. Poor thing. Thankfully Isabel hasn't really seemed bothered by it. So we are going to try some things recommended by the Dr. and see what happens. Putting vasoline on at night like a greased pig was one thing he recommend.:) I was reading on the internet (probably a bad thing to do) that she could have it until she is like 8 years old. Hopefully she won't, Lord willing. I guess some causes can be allergies, which I think could be the case since Lee has been having a terrible time with allergies this spring (that's what you get when you live in Kentucky). I was reading on MSN news that Lexington, KY (about 90 min. from us) is the worst place in the US for allergies. Please just be praying that it continues not to bother her and that it will clear up soon. Thanks.

2 comments:

The Talberts said...

We took Jacob to the doctor six months ago or so because he had a rash, and we also were told it was eczema. I didn't do most of the things they recommended, and it still went away and we haven't seen anything like it since. We rubbed some expensive, greasy lotion on it a few times and it just went away.

Hopefully Isabel's is as easy to cure. :)

Lee and Candace said...

Yea, I think it is already getting better. Thankfully the cream we got wasn't too expensive. I'm praying it will be an easy cure like you say.