While driving to Indy I was on the phone with one of my closest friends, Audrey; unfortunately, we are miles apart. She was sharing with me how tomorrow, May 1 is the National Day of Prayer. Then she told me how when she was in church last Sunday, the Lord really put it on her heart to do something...but, what can she do? She is a stay at home mom and going out somewhere in a public place to pray with a group of people isn't the easiest with two kids. So she decided to invite some ladies over for a pray play date (say that three times fast). And while the kids play the moms would pray (with one eye open):). Aud, I hope it's ok I shared this. So tomorrow Audrey and her guest will be praying.
Inspired by Audrey I would like to do something like this as well. However, seeing how tomorrow is May 1 there's not really enough time to pull something like this together.
So, I would like to invite, whatever moms that read this and would like to be part of something like to this contact me. I don't care if I don't know you very well. It's a way to get to know you. Please let me know what you think. I'd like to do something next week if possible.
5 comments:
Hey, How about a mini-Mom's In Touch!
Love,
Mom
You go girl!!! Just do it... My prayer play date didn't get as big of a response as I had initially hoped... Only one mom came but we prayed anyway and it was a huge blessing because I got to know her so much better and we just prayed for each other and our families and our husbands and our country and any other requests we had... so even if you just have one person- you'll be glad you did. I LOVE you and want you to know you are a WONDERFUL mom and an extra special friend! I miss you tons!
I've been trying to figure out how to make this happen with my little ones and I can't come to a conclusion. I hate to make them sound like crazy people, but I really can't imagine how I'd get Jacob and Libby to be low-maintenance enough for us moms to pray.
I'm interested .. just .. not sure about the logistics.
I'd also like to, but I know it wouldn't work this week. We are a one car family for at least a few days, so I'm literally a stay-at-home mom this week ;) Great idea though. I'd love to be a part of something like this in the future.
Ok, i am officially a blogger now :) Let me know if you end up doing this -- I think we could pull it off. If not, I would still love to get together for a play date some time - Sophie could use the motivation from Isabel too!
Post a Comment