Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Isabel's favorite things about MI...

Seeing the people she loves...
Grandpa and Grandma
Great Grandma
Second cousins Juliana and SebastianUncle Will is not pictured with Isabel, but it was definitely a highlight for her.

Playing on the playground by the Marina and going to the Children's museum...
which one is Isabel???
This museum just opened and reminded me of Otterville at Johnny's Toys. Lots of fun things to do.
Being with Daddy all day long...
Watching the Memorial Day parade...which as Lee said was, "the most pathetic parade he's ever seen." Hey, it's a small town. Isabel still liked it though.
It was a good trip. We got to see some family and friends we don't get to see often. The weather was amazing, quite unusual for that time of year in MI. The worst part was the trip home: Isabel hardly slept and had 5 poopy diapers in an 8 hour period meaning we had to stop 4 additional times we wouldn't normally (we made her wait the last time she went to get home before we changed her), making our trip extra long. I guess all the things above make it worth it though.

I almost forgot one of the most important things...going to Dairy Queen and House of Flavors...Mmm Mmm Mmm.

Oh yes...one more thing (see how my pregnant mind works). My dad built this amazing big girl bed for Isabel (in a day no less, he's quite the craftsman). I meant to take a picture of it. It looked like something you'd buy from Pottery Barn though. Dad you'll have to send me one. Anyway it can eventually be turned into bunk beds. It's so cool...thanks for doing that dad, Isabel loved it!

4 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

Wow - so great to see all the beautiful pictures. Looks like you enjoyed another weekend in Michigan. I can't believe how big Isabel is. She's is definitely going to be a great help to you when the new baby arrives.

And 5 poopy diapers!? Is there any doubt she was doing it on purpose? just kidding! :)

Lee and Candace said...

Rachael, I seriously had the thought she might be doing it on purpose, but...I don't think so.

Carrie S said...

I'm so thrilled for you that you got some family time away! I'm looking forward to opportunities for family getaways maybe this fall. Glad you're feeling well enough to enjoy this time of waiting and expectation! Thanks for sharing!

Frances aka Grandma said...

Love your blogger. Isabel is such a sweetie, wish I could hug her. Love to all Grandma D.