Lee and I continue to work on Isabel's "big girl" room. We purchased a bed rail for her big girl bed, but found out many (all but one really) of the bed rails don't work if you don't have a box spring (which her bed doesn't, it's a daybed). So, we returned that one. We found one on the internet that would work, but it was going to be $40 plus shipping. So, we decided to make our own. We purchased a $6 board, put in a couple of hours (Lee and I joked no one had ever paid us $40/hr for work, so I guess our time was cheaper) and we had a bed rail that works great. Like how we use our garbage cans for our woodworking projects (Melissa don't show your husband):)?
For Mother's Day my dad and mom had sent me a gift card to Lowe's to pick out some flowers for the front of our house! Thanks dad and mom. They look so nice! So Saturday we ventured out and found some nice flowers. I went low maintenance this year...wave petunia's...they are easy and they end up looking great with little work...good for a summer with a baby coming. We also got a couple of regular petunia's for Isabel to plant in a couple of pots. A fun activity for her. She liked playing in the dirt a lot!:)


It was windy enough yesterday we decided to try and pull out a few kites. However, the wind wasn't quite strong enough. We couldn't ever get them high enough to really get going. One summer when Lee and I were dating we really got into kite flying. Living only a few miles from Lake Michigan, it was always pretty windy. We would get two roles of 500' string, tie them together, and have the kite flying 1000' in the air. It would literally take us 45 min. to an hour to get the kite pulled back in. One person would pull on the string, while the other would wind it as fast as they could. So yesterday brought back memories. Lee was trying to teach Isabel to run with the kite to make it fly, however she just isn't quite fast enough yet. He would say, "Isabel, run, run faster." I would say, "Lee, she is running, that's just as fast as she can go.":) So the kite would usually trail on the ground behind her, but she still really liked it.
We also bought this weekend a fun looking sprinkler we found on sale. Even though it wasn't overwelmingly hot, Lee couldn't resist the urge to try it out (he picked it out).:) Here is Lee and Isabel running through the sprinkler.
Here is Isabel's reaction after running through the sprinkler.:) Hopefully it will get more fun as the summer goes on.
So back to the "big girl" room. Isabel has been so excited about her big girl bed for weeks, since her Lolo and Lola brought the bed from MI and we set it up. We weren't sure when to put her in it. We knew we needed a rail cause she is a wiggle bug in bed, but thought we might do it after the baby is born. However, since we finished the rail, we decided to let her try sleeping in it last night. She did great! She slept all night in it and loved it. When I told her it was nap time today she said, "big girl bed?" So we let her sleep there for her nap also and she did great again! She is in there again tonight. It looks like this transition (at least for now) has been easier than other transition we have had with her. We hope it continues. None of the rest of the room is done yet. We still have to paint, finish her dresser, the bookcase, etc., but that will get done...eventually.
Today after we got home from church and lunch, Isabel went to look at/smell the flowers she had planted. She asked me to take a picture of her, so here she is.
I had such a great "WOW" day! Thank you Lee and Isabel for making it so special for me and making me feel special. I love you guys so much! (and thanks for cleaning the kitchen Lee...I love you)!:)
4 comments:
That's fun! I had Isabel in nursery this morning - Oh, be still my heart. She is so sweet. She actually listened to the story - a rarity in that class.
What a great weekend!
And .. I've seen Ben do much weirder things than use garbage cans for a woodworking project. It looks like it turned out well!
Sophie loves her big girl bed too! I think it has been our easiest transition too, praise the Lord for something easy!!
Way to go on the transition to big girl bed! Looks like an amazing weekend! I can't wait to get out of bed and enjoy the weather my my wonderful blessings, too! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment