Sunday, May 17, 2009

Urgency to have a clean house...

Today's been a nice day. We had a great worship service being reminded of our need to continually focus on the Gospel. Funny side note: The last service I listened to some of the sermon in the women's bathroom by the main entrance (you can hear it in there) and I had Isabel with me. Whenever Pastor Brad would yell out a word like, "Jesus," Isabel would yell it out too. It was like I was having a second sermon from this little person.

During the last service I started to have some contractions and these were not like the Braxton Hicks I've had before, they were painful, something I never had with Isabel until I was actually in labor. After church on the way home I was having painful contractions every 2 to 3 minutes. I think I was starting to half freak out myself and Lee. He kept saying, "we can call the Dr. if we need to." We picked up a quick lunch and brought it home and I told Lee I wanted to go straight to bed. The contractions finally subsided. Praise the Lord.

The entire time I was having the contractions all I could think about was, "what if I have this baby and my house is a MESS at home." I thought to myself how I needed to get it cleaned and keep it clean the next two months. So, after my afternoon rest, Lee took Isabel out for awhile and I have been picking up. It feels good. I needed a break though, so this it.

My whole life I've struggled with keeping things clean. My parents used to always joke about a tornado going through my room. I'm afraid it hasn't gotten any better in my adult years. It just seems like the dishes and laundry never end, and then there are all the little things you need to do...dust, mop, etc. Maybe I'll learn someday...for now I have the urgency to have a clean house...so I better get back to work:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha.. you are so funny!! You were never messy in college. Any way pray you are ok, keep resting..
lov ya
amy

Paulina said...

i'm amazed that you are still up there singing!!! i could barely make it through one service standing up. Take it easy, don't clean too much - it will just become a mess again after you have the baby :) That is what I am trying to tell myself anyways, so that I won't be disappointed by the inevitable big mess.

Rachael Neal said...

the older annelise gets, the more i realize how hard i was on my mom growing up. i'm a clean freak, but in the last few months have had to come to terms with undone everything - laundry, dishes, cleaning...

jane barnett told me once (in all of her wisdom!) that houses are meant to be homes that are lived in, not museums that are looked at.

i remind myself of this often, though i have days like you, where i want to spend hours tidying up.

get some rest and remember...Lee can clean some too! :)

Carrie S said...

I totally understand as I want the house in order (my order) before Sterling arrives. I guess there are some (small) blessings to being stuck in bed, like I can't see my house so I'm not as bothered by it and all the cleaning and nesting I want to do just has to wait.
Hope the contractions stay away and you continue to feel fine 'til she arrives. 3 weeks of being in labor is exhausting!