Here's a couple of funny stories that happened while at the hospital:
Story #1
Right after delivery they put the baby on me. The following conversation happened:
Nurse: So what's HIS name?
Me: (Looking at her with some shock on my face) It is a girl right?
Nurse: Oh, I guess I didn't even look. Oh yea, it's a girl!
Me: (Relief on my face) HER name is Ana
Story #2
The OB comes in to check on me today. He asks how things are going with HIM.
OB: I can circumcise him so he can go home this afternoon.
Lee: Um, She's a girl
OB: Oh yes, sorry I had so many deliveries yesterday. I should have seen the pink blanket.
Some have asked where we got her name from. Basically the same list we got Isabel's name from. That's why it is spelled A-n-a, because it is the Filipino/Spanish spelling of the name Anna. Christina is my middle name (Swedish orgin of which both Lee and I are), and it is also a Nordine family name (Lee's great great great grandmother, plus or minus a great). The meaning together with both first and middle name is "Gracious follower of Christ." Something we hope and pray Ana is someday.
5 comments:
She is beautiful Candice!!!
i love that you are blogging from the hospital. you are sooo dedicated! i hope you get to go home tonight. we are still praying for you all, and for this adjustment. i told jacob about her today. and i think he actually understood. i showed him her picture and he said "awwww". she has one more little fan!
Congratulations!!! She's lovely and her name matches her perfectly. Can't wait to meet her. Hope you are recovering well. So, did the pineapple work?
Sorry Kate, I actually don't know if the pineapple works because I never got to try it. I had intentions of getting some, but it just never got done. I wish I could say it did.
your stories are hilarious!
Post a Comment