Friday, June 18, 2010

Normal life again

So, after our trip around the world, it's taken some getting used to to get back to normal life, or what is our normal life. You know, cooking, cleaning, laundry, daddy going back to work, ok so maybe it's been more ME getting used to getting back to normal life. I think our routine (although very flexible) is back in place though. We've been trying to enjoy the nice days - playing outside, swimming in our a little pool, enjoying friends. I feel blessed to have such a life. I was talking with a friend the other day about the things I want versus the things I need. When you're in a country like the Philippines, you really take a step back and examine your life and see all the things you really DON'T need. The people are so happy there without all the bells and whistles of life here in the USA. I guess it just makes me think and am thankful for the life we have.

Here are a few pictures of things that have been occupying our time:

Isabel was fortunate enough to take a ride with a local farmer on his tractor
Hanging out with iBel's best buds while their mommy and daddy got away. It's movie night (hence the popcorn and intense stares):)
Saturday morning donuts...even Ana got in on this. Seeing how she has put a stop to eating any kind of baby food variety. She wants the real stuff now. And eat she can. I think she out eats her sister most days.Who hasn't had to mow their grass a dozen times after all this rain we've had?
And so there is some of our normal life, just like we like it.

No comments: