A nickname I had in high school was Ace because my name is CandACE. No one here really knows about it (well, they do now I guess), but when I go back home a few friends still call me that, and occasionally Lee does too.
So my 12 week training count down for the half marathon began this week. 11 more to go! Woo hoo! I have been doing some pre-training up to this point. Running several days a week, working on my endurance. It's been ok. Some days I feel great, other days I feel tired and wonder why I'm doing this. Then I remember why I'm doing this. I'm racing for Austin and Martha, and the work they will be doing to help the communities and people in Haiti!
My Uncle last month posted about his experience after traveling to Haiti on a missions trip. Here are some of his comments:
Now, here's where you can help! My goal was to find 13 sponsors to help
sponsor my race (13.1 miles of it). I have 5 so far, $500.00! Wow, that's amazing! However, that means I still need 8
more sponsors! Your sponsorship because it will go to World Concern
(specifically for Austin and Martha), which is a Christian non-profit
organization, will be tax-exempt. My goal is to help them raise
$1300.00 ($100/mile) that will go toward their effort to get to Haiti! I
thought of asking people if maybe they only wanted to sponsor a quarter
of a mile or half a mile, but I truly believe God can raise up 8 more
people at $100 sponsorships to meet my goal! So I'm asking you, would
you consider sponsoring a mile? Would you consider giving to help the
people of Haiti?
No comments:
Post a Comment