Wednesday, February 01, 2012

the secret behind clouds and a nice dinner

It was a incredibly beautiful day here today...60 degrees February 1st, really?  We were driving along on the way to a friend's house when Isabel blurts out, "Mom, I see where clouds are made."  I look out my window to see two tall smoke stacks with huge amounts of white smoke coming out of them.  I couldn't help but chuckle out loud.  She was so sweet and genuine in her "discovery."  So much for all the "God created everything" learning we've done in school:)  (which we did talk about the rest of the car ride) 

This evening Lee cooked dinner and he invited Isabel to join along and play waitress.  Something I would never think to do, what a creative dad.  She put on an apron, took drink orders, and served the food to our various places at the table.  Well, upon serving Ana, the plate got tipped a bit and the food slid off onto Ana and the floor.  She was devastated, Ana was crying.  We told her things like that happen, even in real restaurants, and down played it.  She perked up and it was a nice family dinner.  Later in the evening before bed we were talking about it, and Ana mentioned that sometime she would like to play waitress with mommy cooking.  And of course she added with a grin, "and I won't spill the food." (Isabel even thought it was a bit funny)




No comments: