Monday, February 27, 2012

We went, we saw, we were sick (and so was everyone else)

So last week I had the privilege of taking a little road trip with my dear friend, Cydney.  I left two of my kiddos behind and we took a 5 and half hour road trip to Pittsburgh, PA, her old stopping grounds!  Not too long after we left I got word my family back home was getting sick.   Lee was REALLY sick, had to take him to the Urgent Care sick!  Thankfully, friends from our small group and my parents stepped in to help take care of the girls (who were also sick).  And all of us on the road trip, yep, we were sick too (except little Klara Jane who still is healthy...PTL!)  So despite our sickness and me worrying about my family back home we tried to make the most of it.

I must first say, the families that I stayed with and visited with were so incredibly kind and gracious!  THANK YOU (if you ever read this)!  What wonderful families!

I realized after looking back at my pictures (which I didn't take enough of) most of them had to do with eating food, which was not the extent of what we did, but must have been when I remembered to grab the camera.  Who doesn't like to eat?

Celebrating Fat Tuesday eating brownies & ice cream, at least that's what we told ourselves:)
Pittsburgh Aviary (where Cydney's sister-in-law works) - Penguin exhibit
This bird would take your money and put it in a donation box for you.  Pretty neat!
This Flamingo (sorry it's a dark picture) acted just like a dog, how it drank, how it took commands.  It was too cool.
The most delicious milkshake ever!  Pretzel Carmel milkshake that had small pieces of soft pretzel in it.  SOOO good!
Klara enjoyed her first taste of puffs!
The biggest sandwich I had ever eaten and I ate it all!  Famous in Pittsburgh for putting french fries on the sandwich.
The largest bakery I have ever been to.  This was only half of it!  Of course we had to get a treat from there!
Are you hungry now?

So, now I am home.  Everyone was still not feeling well when I got home, so I ended up taking EVERYONE (except myself) to the Dr.  The most shocking news was we found out little Ana girl has pneumonia.  Lee is on an antibiotic now, and Isabel is still fighting a virus.  All that being said, we are all recovering and I think on the mend.  Yay!  Not sure I'm ready to start the week, but it's here, so here we go.

No comments: