So several years ago now, we got from Lee's grandpa's farm some piano keys. They came from his grandpa & grandma's piano, the piano Lee's mom learned to play on. The piano didn't work or I can't remember why it was all disassembled, but we thought we'd take an octave of keys as a memento. We thought one day we'd put them in a shadow box or something. Then one day Lee had the idea of using the keys to make a clock, a big clock. Some people don't know, if you've never seen the inside of a piano, that piano keys are really quite large/long. This was maybe 3 years ago he came up with this idea. So for about 2 years they sat in storage. Then last Christmas I bought Lee clock hands, extra large clock hands, which was something I had to order from online. You can't just find them at Hobby Lobby. So fast forward 11 months, and after about half a day of work, we now have a very unique, very cool piano clock. A piece of history from the farm and cool decor for our home. I love my handy husband and his creative ideas, even if they take 3 years to unfold

No comments:
Post a Comment