Sunday, November 25, 2012

A time to be thankful

Thanksgiving this year was great.  The food was good, but the time our family had together for several days was wonderful.  We laughed, played games, snacked, did nothing, put Christmas decorations out, watched movies, and just enjoyed one another.  So today I mourn, just a little bit, normal life - work, school, cleaning (yea I kind of let the cleaning part go the last few days), etc. 

This year we made a "Give Thanks" tree.  I've never really been crafty, but one day in Sept when Isabel had a day off of school, we made this, tracing hands and cutting out leaves.  It wasn't grand, but something we did together.  Then during the month of November we added things we were thankful for.  Originally, I thought of writing one thing each day, but it turned into more like write something whenever you feel like it.  I especially liked the part on the trunk Isabel added all on her own, "Dad heart Mom."  

60+ degree weather on Thanksgiving was perfect for the park
And just like that Thanksgiving is gone and we start celebrating the Christmas season. 

No comments: