Friday, May 29, 2009

Suggestions?

Later in June, Lee and I will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. One of our friends has graciously offered to keep Isabel for the night so we could do something fun and have a night to ourselves. We would like to go somewhere. Here's our parameters...not too far away (it will only be a few weeks before the baby is due), not too expensive, but something nice. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

hm...i'll have to think about that one. :)

we're celebrating our 5th on the 5th next week. we're staying in town, but at an area inn one night.

hope you have fun! happy anniversary!

The Talberts said...

We like to go to Lexington. I don't know why. It's sort of boring. But so are we. I remember Brad and Janelle staying downtown at some fancy schmancy hotel for a night not too long ago. I thought that would be fun. I really enjoy cities. Or .. Chicago? Or Amish country in Ohio?

Lee and Candace said...

Melissa, we thought of going to Lexington, any thoughts on what to do or where to stay? I know they have the Horse farms, but didn't know what else.

Rachael, happy anniversary! Hope you guys have fun!

Anonymous said...

You should leave Candace with Grandma and Grandpa in Ludington and then go to the B&B on Ludington Avenue. I bet we could get you a good deal. The owner goes to our church now.
Mom and Dad
I put us as anonymous because I can't remember our username and password!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant leave Isabel!
Mom

Carrie S said...

I'd recommend Gatlingburg, but it is a little far. We went there for a weekend back when I was newly pregnant with Isaac. You can priceline some great hotel or cabin deals. The Smokey Mountains are beautiful. I've also heard that Nashville, IN in Brown County IN is only a couple of hours away and is a very cute little artistic town. I've been wanting to go there for a while, but haven't had a chance yet. There's lots of information on it online. Happy Anniversary and happy getaway!!

Carrie S said...

Okay, I reread your entry and Gatlinburg would be too far for one night, but I don't think Nashville, IN would be too far at all. My mom went there just for the day with some friends.